Wedding and Receptions

Liability wedding and reception insurance

Why Get Wedding / Reception Insurance

Wedding/reception insurance is probably the last thing on your mind when planning your wedding. However, it is often required by the venue. Typically, your rental agreement will state that you need a general liability policy that names the venue as an Additional Insured.

But why? Shouldn’t the venue have their own insurance? Yes. They usually do. The venue’s insurance policy typically doesn’t extend to the people renting or leasing space. They don’t want to be held responsible for claims arising from your event on their property.

AIS’s coverage is affordable, easy to purchase, and backed by an A-rated carriers.

Please select from the coverage options below:

Program A

Program A is best for you if the following apply:

  1. You need coverage for just the wedding and reception (e.g., not the rehearsal dinner)
  2. Both your wedding and reception will be at a single venue, on the same day
  3. Alcohol is being served at no charge, by a licensed caterer hired by you, with permission from the venue… and all designated servers have been instructed NOT to serve liquor to minors or intoxicated guests
Program A: Get a Quote

Otherwise, apply for Program B…

Program B

Fill out Program B’s application if any of the following apply:

  • You need coverage for more than one day (up to three days)
  • You need coverage at more than one venue
  • You are serving liquor independent of a caterer or venue
Program B: Get a Quote