Special Events

Short-term liability insurance for special events and functions

Regardless of how safe you try to make a venue, accidents do happen. This is why liability insurance for special events becomes an absolute must-have. Anthony Insurance Services can provide a coverage policy designed to protect everyone. Whether the event is large or small, private or public, having the right protection is essential to keep you and your guests safe and secure.

As a event insurance services provider, we offer two special events liability insurance programs. We guide you below to find out which program best suits your needs, or if you can apply for both to compare quotes.

Program A

Below is a list of eligible activities for Program A. If you need to cover an eligible activity, you can get a quote for Program A online using the button below. You may also purchase the policy online.

  • Auctions
  • Award Presentations
  • Banquets and Luncheons
  • Bar and Bat Mitzvahs
  • Bazaars
  • Bingo Games
  • Birthday Parties
  • Book Signings
  • Car Shows (auto static only)
  • Charity Event Auctions, Benefits, Dances, and Sales
  • Comedy Shows
  • Conventions
  • Debutante Balls
  • Debuts
  • Dinners, Luncheons, and Showers (e.g., Anniversary, Birthday, Baby, Wedding)
  • Educational Tournaments (e.g., Chess, Math, Spelling, Geography)
  • Festivals (e.g., Art, Craft, Ethnic, Harvest)
  • Flea Markets
  • Graduation Ceremonies
  • Job Fairs
  • Lectures
  • Meetings (e.g., Business, Civic Club, Evangelistic, Fraternals)
  • Pageants
  • Parties (e.g., Anniversary, Birthday, Graduation, Retirement)
  • Picnics (no water activities)
  • Poetry Readings
  • Proms or Formal Dances
  • Recitals
  • Religious Assemblies
  • Reunions (e.g. Class, Family, Military)
  • Rummage Sales
  • School Band and Drill Team Competitions
  • School Carnivals (no rides)
  • Seminars or Educational Exhibitions
  • Shows (e.g., Antique, Art, Auto-Static Display, Boat, Business, Consumer, Craft, Fashion, Flower, Garden, Home, RV, Trade, Vacation)
  • Social Gatherings and Receptions
  • Speaking Engagements
  • Stage Plays
  • Swap Meets
  • Telethons
  • Walk-A-Thons (fundraising only)
  • Weddings and Wedding Receptions
  • Zoo Outings

Below is a list of ineligible activities for Program A. For events not covered by Program A, try Program B, as it has a little more flexibility.

  • After-Hours Parties (e.g., After Prom, Graduation Night, Retirement)
  • Amusement Rides, Mechanical Devices, Rock Climbing Walls, or Inflatables
  • Animal Rides
  • Animal Shows (e.g., Cat, Dog, Horse, Livestock Judging)
  • Animals (injury or death to, or injury, death or property damage caused by any animal)
  • Cave Explorations
  • Concerts (except Christian Concerts)
  • Fairs
  • Fishing Derbies
  • Fraternity or Sorority Parties
  • Fireworks or Pyrotechnics
  • Gun Shows/Knife Shows/Shooting Events
  • Haunted Houses
  • Motorsports Events (including Demolition Derbies, Mud Bogs, Tractor Pulls, Races, and Stunt Shows)
  • Overnight Accommodations or Camping Facilities
  • Overnight Lock-ins
  • Parades
  • Political Rallies
  • Rodeos
  • Sporting Events
  • Vendors and Exhibitors
  • Water Activities
  • Wine Tastings
Program A: Get a Quote

Program B

Apply to Program B if you are not eligible for Program A, or if you want an additional quote. Get a quote for Program B by filling out the application linked below. We will follow up with you with your quote.

Program B: Get a Quote

Common Questions

The rental contract with the venue states that they must be named as an Additional Insured. How does this work?

An Additional Insured is a status that provides protection to other individuals/groups that are not the Named Insured Party (that’s you). They receive protection while you are renting or operating out of their premises for your event, if any legal claims arise resulting from your negligence. Typical Additional Insureds are landlords, venues, cities and recreation departments, property management, event promoters, etc. Individuals working with you at your event are not Additional Insureds.

If you know that you need to name an Additional Insured, you can list it on the application. When coverage is bound, the Additional Insured will be listed on the policy.

Additional Insureds can be added at any time by submitting the certificate request form on our website. When the online form is received, an updated certificate will be returned to you to via email.

What coverage limits are available?

All policies will be issued with a $1,000,000 per occurrence limit.

What coverage is available for Liquor/Alcohol?

Our liability insurance for special events includes Host Liquor Liability coverage. Host Liquor Liability provides protection for the event holder against claims of bodily injury and/or property damage arising from an intoxicated guest who was served alcohol at your event. For Host Liquor Liability to apply, the event holder cannot receive proceeds or profit from the sale of alcohol or distribute alcohol, and must not be required to carry a liquor permit.

If your event will sell and profit from the sale of alcohol and/or you are required to carry a liquor permit, you will need to add Liquor Liability. Liquor Liability applies to anyone in the business of manufacturing, distributing, selling, serving, or furnishing alcoholic beverages. This coverage provides protection against claims resulting from intoxicated persons, and violation of state and federal laws (i.e. selling to underage persons). Liquor Liability is excluded under the General Liability policy unless added back for an additional premium. Estimated alcohol receipts will be requested to provide a quote for this coverage. Please complete the Liquor section on the Special Events Application to have Liquor Liability included in your quote.