Vendors and Exhibitors

Liability coverage protecting vendors and exhibitors from lawsuits

People in need of vendor insurance

What is vendor's coverage?

Vendor’s insurance is a Liability policy providing protection should a vendor or exhibitor have to defend against claims or lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage.

An example of bodily injury would be if someone tripped over cords in your both and needed medical attention. An example of a property damage claim is if you damage the property grounds at an event at which you are vending, and need to cover the cost of repair. In the event you are sued, the vendor’s insurance coverage will pay the cost of defense, and settle any claims up to the limits purchased.

Comprehensive vendor coverage

Exhibitor and vendor liability insurance coverage covers vendors and their equipment while selling at a festival or event. It protects you against claims should someone get hurt at your booth, or if you were responsible for damaging somebody else’s property. Example types of vendors and vending equipment we cover are:

  • Food concessionaires and vendors
  • Refreshment/beverage vendors (non-alcoholic)
  • Farmers' market vendors
  • Flea market vendors
  • Art and craft vendors
  • Organizational vendors
  • Apparel, accessory, and jewelry vendors
  • Temporary exhibits
  • Cookware
  • Lawn/Garden Equipment
  • Tradeshow Exhibits
  • And much more…

Examples of vendor operations that are ineligible for coverage under this policy:

  • Fireworks
  • Tattoo/body piercing
  • Nutritional/health supplements
  • Medical testing
  • Weight loss supplements
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Live animals

Vendor Liability insurance cost

The premiums for your program will be based of the policy term you select. Your policy can range from five consecutive days, up through an annual term. This includes limits of $1,000,000 Per Occurrence and $1,000,000 Aggregate. In the application, you will have the option to choose higher limits for an additional premium. Policy Limits can be increased at any time during the policy term.

Common Questions

The application requires that the venue be named as an Additional Insured. What does that mean?

An Additional Insured is a 3rd party entity that receives protection (through your policy) while you are operating at their event and/or on their premises. For example, an event promoter or chamber of commerce is not automatically insured under your policy… but adding them as Additional Insured provides a certain degree of protection while you are attending their event or operating on their premises. For example, a fairground may ask a vendor to add them as an additional insured to their general liability policy. This is to protect the fairground in the event a claim is filed as a direct result of the vendor’s negligence. If an event organizer asks you for an additional insured certificate, you will need to provide it prior to setting up for the event. You will be notified by the event organizer if you need to list them as an Additional Insured.

How many Additional Insureds can I have listed on my policy?

There is no limit to the number of Additional Insureds that you can add to your policy.

Do I need to tell you each show I will be attending?

No. This policy will follow you wherever you go while you are operating as a vendor. If you are purchasing a longer-term policy, when asked about the event location(s), you don’t need to enter each physical event location, but instead indicate the general geographic region you will be. For example, “Various events and festivals in Southern California and parts of AZ”. The policy provides coverage anywhere in the United States, US Territories, Canada, Puerto Rico. (Note: Vendor must be domiciled in the United States in order to be eligible to apply and obtain a policy.)

Do you have payment options?

No. The premium is due in full in order to bind coverage.

Does the policy include a limit for products and completed operations?

Yes. Liability claims resulting in harm to the person who purchased your product are covered. Examples include manufacturing defects, failure to warn on usage, or malfunction .

Who is covered working at my booth/exhibit?

All employees and volunteers are covered while working the booth operations.

Is there coverage for my physical booth/cart and my products for theft, fire, vandalism, etc. at the event?

Coverage is NOT included for your merchandise or equipment. You would need to purchase a separate policy for vendor personal property insurance.

When does coverage become effective?

Coverage binds when application and premium payment are received. Coverage start dates cannot be back-dated.

How do I add an Additional Insured, and when will I receive the updated insurance certificate?

Additional Insureds can be added during the application or after the policy is purchased. If the Additional Insured is added during the application, you will receive the certificate after the policy is purchased, with your confirmation email. If the Additional Insured is added after the policy is purchased, you will receive an email with the updated insurance certificate attached within minutes of submitting the request online (using your “Manage My Certificates” link provided in your confirmation email).