LARP Insurance Policy Details
The combined Accident and Liability premium rate begins at:
|Rate per Youth
|Rate per Adult
- All Minimum Premiums are fully earned at inception
- Each rate is per year.
- Premium is determined by adding the youth rate (youth participants and multiplied by youth rate) to the adult premium (number of adults multiplied by the adult rate)
- Premium Calculation Example:
- 30 Youth Particpants and 50 Adult Particpants need to purchase a $1 Million general liability policy to use private land in their community. Their annaul premium investment is:
- (30 x $4.99)+ (50 x $6.76) = $487.70
(Staff members are included for no extra charge.)
Note: Certain exclusions and limitations may be modified to meet individual state requirements.
The Accident Coverage
$10,000.00 Benefit (Pays the medical bills of an injured participant or staff member)
Medical Expense Benefit
If the Covered Person incurs eligible expenses as the direct result of a covered injury and independent of all other causes, the Company will pay the charges incurred for such expense within 365 days, beginning on the date of accident. There is no deductible amount.
The first such expense must be incurred within 90 days after the date of the accident.
“Eligible expense” means charges for the following necessary treatment and service, not to exceed the usual and customary charges in the area where provided.
- Medical and surgical care by a physician
- Radiology (X-rays)
- Prescription drugs and medicines
- Dental treatment of sound natural teeth
- Hospital care and service in semiprivate accommodations, or as an outpatient
- Ambulance service from the scene of the accident to the nearest hospital
- Orthopedic appliances necessary to promote healing
Excess coverage: This plan does not cover treatment or service for which benefits are payable or service is available under any other insurance or medical service plan available to the Covered Person.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit
Benefit amount is $10,000.00. If a covered injury results in any of the losses specified below within 365 days after the date of the accident, the Company will pay the applicable amount:
- Full Principal Sum for loss of life
- Full Principal Sum for double dismemberment
- Full Principal Sum for loss of sight of both eyes
- 50% of the Principal Sum for loss of one hand, one foot, or sight of one eye
- 25% of the Principal Sum for loss of index finger and thumb of same hand
“Member” means hand, foot, or eye. Loss of hand or foot means complete severance above the wrist or ankle joint. Loss of eye means the total, permanent loss of sight.
We will not pay more than the Principal Sum for this Benefit for all losses due to the same accident.
Exclusions and Limitations
This plan does not cover any loss to or resulting from:
- Suicide, self-destruction, attempted self-destruction or intentional self inflicted injury while sane or insane.
- War or any act of war, declared or undeclared.
- Sickness, disease or any bacterial infection, except one that results from an accidental cut or wound or pyogenic infections that result from accidental ingestion of contaminated substances.
- Voluntarily taking any drug or narcotic unless the drug or narcotic is prescribed by a Physician.
- Covered Expenses for which the Covered Person would not be responsible in the absence of this Policy.
- Injuries paid under Workers’ Compensation, Employer’s liability laws or similar occupational benefits or while engaging in activity for monetary gain from sources other than the Policyholder.
- Injury caused by, contributed to or resulting from the Covered Person’s use of alcohol, illegal drugs or medicines that are not taken in the dosage or for the purpose as prescribed by the Covered Person’s Physician.
- Service or Active Duty in the armed forces, National Guard, military, naval or air service or organized reserve corps of any country or international organization.
- Services or treatment rendered by a Physician, Nurse or any other person who is employed or retained by the policyholder; or an Immediate Family member of the Covered Person.
- Treatment of a hernia, Osgood-Schlatter’s disease, osteo chondritis, appendicitis, osteomyelitis, cardiac disease or conditions, pathological fractures, congenital weakness, whether or not caused by a Covered Accident.
- Damage to or loss of dentures or bridges or damage to existing orthodontic equipment, except as specifically provided in this Policy.
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids.
- Travel or flight in or on any vehicle for aerial navigation, including boarding or alighting from: While riding as a passenger in any aircraft not intended or licensed for the transportation of passengers.
The Liability Coverage
$1,000,000.00 Coverage (Protects you in the event of a lawsuit or property damage)
Who Is Covered
This $1,000,000.00 occurrence form general liability program provides protection for your live action role players, owners, directors, instructors, and employees against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability, and the litigation costs to defend against such claims. There is no deductible amount for this coverage.
Coverage includes suits arising out of:
- Injury or death of participants
- Injury or death of spectators
- Injury or death of volunteers
- Property damage liability
- Host liquor liability (nonprofit)
- General negligence claims
- All activities necessary or incidental to conduct of activities
- Cost of investigation and defense of claims, even if groundless
- Ownership, use, or maintenance of game areas, fields or forests
Includes coverage for all on and off site games.
Additional insureds such as landlords or game facilities can be added at no additional charge.
Abuse or molestation, aircraft, all acts of terrorism, asbestos liability, assault and battery, collapse of temporary structure, owned auto coverage, employment related practices, fungi and bacteria, hepatitis, HIV, HTVL, AIDS, transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, lead poisoning, medical payments, nuclear energy liability, pyrotechnics activity, total pollution, war liability, and liability for occurrences prior to the effective date of coverage. All of the above are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
The Optional Coverages
This Inland Marine insurance product provides coverage for your equipment and contents up to the specified limit.
Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability Coverage
This liability coverage provides protection for rented, borrowed and other non-owned vehicles driven on live action role playing business.
Excess Liability Coverage
This coverage provides additional liability limits increasing the liability coverage per each occurrence.
This option increases the aggregate limit of liability insurance from $1,000,000 to larger amounts.
Directors and Officers Coverage
$1,000,000 of coverage for the directors and officers of the LARP organization providing coverage for non-bodily injury or property claims such as wrongful acts, failure to enforce rules or bylaws, errors and omissions.
Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Liability coverage is provided for claims arising out of alleged sexual abuse and/or molestation.
- Occurrence Form Policy
- Flexible Premium Rating
- Optional Additional Coverages
- A+ Rated Insurer